Scarlet Alliance pay our respect to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island elders and custodians of this land, current, past and future.
To join Scarlet Alliance, download the membership form
To join the Scarlet Alliance FaceBook Group, link here.
Scarlet Alliance is a growing organisation whose work is diverse however our core work remains the utilisation of health promotion in order to achieve sex worker rights. Our projects lists here are only a small sample of the work the Organisation does and is aimed to provide you with a glimpse of the range of activities.
Our projects include:
- Communications Project - annual national forum, a range of information sharing mediums including e-newsletters, Scarlet Letters, and the SASS-E List;
- The Red book, sex worker handbook or STI handbook is a reference guide for sex workers to sexually transmissible infections;
- Production of an annual magazine, proVision;
- Capacity Development with Friends Frangipani, the sex worker network of Papua New Guinea;
- Supporting the implementation of a health promotion sex worker peer education project in Tasmania;
- National Training Project - whereby peer educators can achieve a Diploma of Community Education after undertaking a peer assessment process;
- HIV Consortium on Partnerships in Asia and the Pacific- Advocacy and Leadership project with sex workers in Timor Leste and strategic partnership building between sex worker projects; and
- Migration Pilot Project in partnership with Empower Foundation, Thailand
recently completed -
- AIDS Trust - Needs Assessment of HIV Positive Sex Workers
- Commonwealth Health - three state and national chlamydia pilot project
- Assistance and skills exchange to support the development of a Queensland Sex Worker Organisation.
Sex workers march at May Day in Darwin
This page was updated 2 Dec 2010